Friday, December 13, 2013

Slick Shoes - Slick Shoes EP



Released on Tooth & Nail Records in 1997 (TND1073). This was their first release. And while only 4 songs, it packs the punch! Fast melodic and great. In my opinion their best release. Five O Grind being the standout track.
Some of those old Tooth & Nail releases are amazing. Slick Shoes, MxPx, The Undecided, Craig's Brother, Value Pac. ect.. Lately I have been searching out all the old skate punk / melodic pop punk bands of the 90s. While Slick Shoes weren't the first, they helped popularize it.

I picked this up at a used CD sale at a local FYE. It was something like $1.

This was released on CD and vinyl. The CD version is really easy to find. On vinyl it was pressed on blue, and black. Black being the harder to find of the 2. There is a demo tape that was sent to Tooth & Nail before they were signed, however I don't think anybody outside of the band and staff of T&N have seen it.






http://www.mediafire.com/download/mfp3mfn50bbfc7y/slick%20shoes%20EP.zip

TRACK LISTING:
1 Silence

2 I Guess
3 Five O Grind

4 My So Called Real World  

2 comments:

  1. Really dig Slick Shoes early stuff, it's all about the EP, "Rusty", and "Burn Out" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete